The St George & Sutherland Medical Research Foundation wouldn’t exist without the generous support of our community.
Our team works year-round to improve health outcomes, and we would love your help! Here are a few ideas about how you can get involved:
- Challenge yourself – walk, hike, swim, jog or run for medical research. Follow in the steps of Chloe Palmer-Simpson, who trekked Kokoda for SSMRF mere months after she underwent brain surgery. Or sign up to the St.George Bank Beachside Dash!
- Regular giving drive – are you part of a club or group? If everyone gives a little every month, this soon adds up! Click here & start by signing up yourself.
- Corporate challenge – start a team (or better yet, two teams), and see who can raise the most money in a set time-frame. Discover how your staff problem-solve, and who comes up with the most creative ideas to raise vital funds for SSMRF. Click here to see our current list of Corporate Partners.
- Join our Give Back Business Leaders – click here to read about our Give Back Business Leader program, which connects our local community of generous small to medium-sized businesses.
- Host a party – think of us when you host a morning tea, afternoon tea, cocktail party, your birthday or even your wedding! All proceeds can be donated to SSMRF for life-saving and life-improving research in your hospital. Make sure you tell us your plans!
- In memoriam – honour the memory of your loved one, and ask for donations in lieu of flowers. Simply let the Foundation know, and we can assist you.
- Include a gift in your will – leave a lasting legacy by including SSMRF in your will, and ensure that future healthcare will benefit from the advancements of medical research. Click here to read more.
- Join an existing community event – then choose to fundraise for the St George & Sutherland Medical Research Foundation. If you need any help, please get in touch.
- Tell us your idea! If you have a crazy, ambitious goal that sees you paddling to Antarctica, or making your way across the outback – get in touch with staff here at the Foundation & let us know. In 2015, Kevin Greene walked 27kms across the St George district to raise funds for the Foundation. We loved sharing every step of the way, so set your own bar high!
We also run volunteer committees, and need volunteers for our events. So if you can’t give money, you could give your time.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (02) 9098 4040 to discuss one of the many ways you could get involved in supporting medical research.