The St George & Sutherland Medical Research Foundation would like to let you know about three of our objectives.
- SSMRF exists to ensure that the best doctors, academics, allied health professionals and nurses continue to conduct their research in our region. This dramatically improves the care available in our hospitals.
- Medical research can be the difference between life and death. One project that SSMRF currently supports is world-leading research into brain temperature control to help save victims of car accidents & strokes.
- SSMRF also supports a number of conditions that aren’t life threatening, but which cause life-long suffering. We are working to improve the lives of local patients & also to improve medical outcomes around the world.
We all need hospitals
& we can all benefit from medical research.
Every hospital in our region needs your support to deliver treatment to the highest standards available. Medical research gives our doctors access to the latest breakthroughs & allows them to practice medicine that is at the forefront of innovative care.
Currently, there are a number of world-first discoveries unfolding in our hospitals that are being investigated by local doctors & specialists. Our region is leading the way in the following areas:
- Improved treatment for asthma, allergies & lung disease
- Skin cancer treatment – an integrated care model
- Prostate Cancer – treatment & customised medicine
- Brain concussion and trauma
- the effects of pre-eclampsia & premature births
- Plus over 200 more projects that will be forced to stop without funding.
Please show your support.
Gifts over $2 are tax-deductible.
Your donation may affect your friends & family, or even your own health.
We’re working to help you.
Our researchers are invested in changing the world.
Every patient who visits our hospitals will be positively impacted by the medical research taking place. This is because SSMRF researchers are currently collaborating with international institutions to achieve better health outcomes for you & your family.
The map below shows where our doctors are sharing their results, as well as incorporating the research of world-leading health authorities into their studies.
SSMRF projects target a number of key health concerns, including the following areas:
These are just some of our SSMRF researchers, their patients & their families.
SSMRF is not limited to the areas of health listed above. Our independent Scientific Advisory Committee reviews research applications for funding & allocates grants according to the projects of greatest merit & the areas of greatest need.
The community affected by medical research happening in our hospitals is enormous.
You may even benefit from our medical advancements one day.
The consequences of these research projects will be life changing.
But we need your help.
All of these projects have been supported by SSMRF, thanks to the generosity of donors.
Your personal or corporate donation can make a real, lasting impact on the future of healthcare in our region & beyond.
Or contact our office to donate over the phone or request a donation form – (02) 9098 4040.
I thank you for your support in advance.
CEO, St George & Sutherland Medical Research Foundation