SSMRF is committed to continuing to provide vital funding to our doctors and scientists in your local hospitals to conduct research that can help improve patient care, healthcare outcomes and save lives. But we can’t do it alone. We need your help. We need you to go RED FOR RESEARCH!
By going Red for Research, you will be supporting research into Cancer, Cardiovascular Disease, Microbiome, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, and many other serious diseases which affect people and their families.
It’s up to you how you go Red for Research
Wear #Red for Research – wear something red and raise money or make an online donation. You can choose when to go red – we’ll be raising funds for the campaign up until 31 July 2022.
You can also set yourself a Go Red Challenge – see how far you can walk, run, rise, row or more, or how many books you can read, how many days you can wear something red – or you could choose your own challenge. Ask your friends and family to sponsor you – and remember to thank everyone who donates and supports you going #RedForResearch!
Spread the word! We’d love to see how you choose to celebrate going #RedforResearch. You can share your photos on your social media and tag #RedForResearch – or send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can share your news too! Download an image you can use share to let everyone know ‘I’m Going Red for Research’ and a #RedForResearch photo frame you can use to update your Facebook profile picture.
How to take part
- Choose how you are going red – host an event, wear red, set yourself an active challenge, you decide!
- Spread the word – Tell everyone about your challenge or event and raise funds to support SSMRF research.
- Donate – large or small all donations will make a big difference! Donate via our website or set up a Facebook Giving campaign, nominating ‘St George and Sutherland Medical Research Foundation’ as the charity recipient and share your campaign with your friends and family.
- Share the great news – you’re now a #RedForResearch champion! Tell the community and SSMRF how much you have raised for research.
Download our image resources to share on your social media
- Facebook background: On Friday, 10 June, I’m wearing #RedforResearch – Ask me why?
- Twitter background: On Friday, 10 June, I’m wearing #RedforResearch – Ask me why?
- Instagram background: On Friday, 10 June, I’m wearing #RedforResearch – Ask me why?